(I take no credit to creating this tag, I merely found it on the following page: SOURCE )
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
I don’t – In fact, I don’t tend to read in the car a lot. I get too distracted by things outside the car.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Ken Follett – The amount of detail which that man puts into his books is delightful, I love it!
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter, without a doubt. My points are:
- The writing style is just a lot better, in my own opinion and I love the intricate details which Rowling includes in her novels.
- There is not a character in Harry Potter which I can’t relate to whereas in the Twilight series I can only relate to one or two characters and not even completely.
- Call me picky but I’m just not a great fan of vampires – especially in books. Magic, on the other hand… YES PLEASE!
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
I have many books bags. Any bag big enough to allow me to carry at least three books with me whenever I go out is one which I shall buy!
5. Do you smell your books?
Yes. I admit it, right here and now. Yes. I smell my books.
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Without, mostly. I don’t really like illustrations in books – if the characters are to be brought to life then I prefer it to be in the form of a TV show or Movie adaptation.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
Whomever added what is in the brackets above… I agree with them, Twilight is something which I only read once completely – with the exception of reading Eclipse three times in total. However, the series now is not one which I will ever read again and I think back on my reading experience of Twilight now and how fangirlish I was and think… “Why?”
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
It isn’t really a funny story but I used to get laughed at a lot whilst at school for putting my book in a plastic bag before putting it into my backpack so that it wouldn’t get ruined. I also completely refused to ever put any bottles of water or juice in my bag even if it hadn’t been open yet and was sealed.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Sherlock: A Sign of Three (Book adaptation of the TV Show Sherlock (BBC).
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I do write, not that I think I’m good at it, I just enjoy making up characters and backstories. Mainly these characters turn into Sims whenever I play the game. I love reading fanfiction though and other peoples writing whether it be canon or not!
12. When did you get into reading?
When I was very young. I was read to by my Nan who read and I eventually began to read myself – granted the only books I would read were the Harry Potter novels until I reached Primary 7.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
Tess of the D’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy.
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
Probably try it again – it was a gift after all and maybe reading it a second time would end up with me having a different opinion. If not, I would see if anyone else would like to read it.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
The Adventures of Merlin series which is made up of a good number of book adaptations of the episodes of the TV show Merlin which used to feature on the BBC Channel.
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while filming?
I don’t really film.
18. What is your favorite word?
Like. I ALWAYS say like, it drives people crazy.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I’d say nerd but I’m sure others have a lot of other names for me. Geek? Some others… I won’t mention them here but those people are cruel.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Fairies! Especially when books go out of their way to make the fairies different.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves, definitely! Now we’re talking… I LOVE werewolves.
23. Zombies or Vampires?
Ah… This time I will pick Vampires.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
Oh, that’s a good question… I love both but I really love reading books featuring love triangles.
25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in! Full on romance books just aren’t for me.