- I don’t prefer movies to books but being able to see the worlds and characters which I love being brought to life no matter how terrible the movie adaptation is is my guilty pleasure.
- I have slowly begun to accept the existence of Kindle’s and understand how they are useful and do have advantages. HOWEVER, I will NEVER stop preferring books to an electronic device!
- I have an extremely bad and irritable habit of not finishing TV Shows… It’s not that I don’t want to finish them, just that I begin them and then start another and another and another until there’s so many I don’t know what which one to continue watching first.
- I used to want to be a writer and write books for children. Well, I say books, they were mostly short stories. One was a series of adventures following the unfortunately unlucky Dr. Rat and his fat white Cat… The other was a story I wrote in Primary Seven whilst on a school trip to Kilbowie Outdoor Centre (in Scotland where I live) in which killer sheep began to pick off unwary travelers. That story was then read out by me to my class afterwards. People seemed to like it, surprisingly, although I don’t think they knew some of them were the victims.
- I’m quite an obsessive person and often get too deeply involved in fandoms of things which I particularly enjoy, so much so that I may as well just exist within that fantastical world of which the fandom is focused on.
- In addition to being obsessive over things which I enjoy I also tend to go through ‘phases’ which shift extremely quickly. For example, within the space of an hour I could be researching everything to do with Bucky Barnes from the Marvel Universe and then suddenly be questioning why we never got to see Teddy in the end scene of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and if he is okay and happy and… Oh God, my heart!
- I actually am not a great fan of romance novels. Whilst I like the odd romance story or a book or movie which features a romance within in it (because let’s face it, most do) I don’t particularly like those which are strictly romantic and by that I mean your typical boy meets girl, they fall in love and live happily every after fairy tale type romance. It’s just too cliche in my opinion.
- I don’t own as many books as I would like. This really irritates me, especially because the book-tubers whom I watch on YouTube mostly come from America where the houses are much bigger than those in Britain or simply have bigger rooms and thus more space. I am very limited in the space which I am able to keep books and therefore can’t buy as many as I want to without having to sacrifice others to make room for the newbies.
- If I could have any job in the world, apart from my desire to enter the field of journalism, I would love to own my own bookstore. My ideal design for it would be based off the old fashioned bookstores that you often see now only in movies or read about in books. That little bookstore on the corner with its walls practically made of bookshelves and piled with books all the way to the ceiling… That would have been my dream job but sadly now-a-days, shops like that are not in fashion.
- I find it difficult to read in silence… This is a massive problem which I face and have done all throughout my life. Whether it be having to read aloud or having to audibly and visually react to what I am reading I am literally unable to sit down in a chair and read a book in absolute silence. Now it’s a bit obvious why, as much as I love them, I’m rarely seen in a library huh?
Well, that’s it for this post. You now know 10 Bookish facts about moi! Why don’t you share some of your habits and such concerning books and reading. Do you have anything you like or dislike about books? Are you a books/movies or both kind of person? Feel free to comment below!